Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by tamarian
For some people, the holidays are a special time ....when family and friends gather ...celebrate life ...food, gifts ... cheer. Unfortunately, ...can also be a time of stress, loneliness, anxiety and depression. Combine this with the shorter days and cold weather ...

... add crowds, long checkout lineups, canned department store Christmas music and dysfunctional family dynamics, makes for a total nightmare. Is an effective appetite suppressant though.

Quote:
Find an alternate exercise plan that allows you to workout inside.
2. When the weather allows, get outside and exercise.
3. Get fresh air and light first thing in the morning -

Wise advice. Exercise really is key, and it's true, the earlier in the day the better for improving mood, and outdoors preferable. It's just getting oneself in gear, as Rachel pointed out. That's where the buddy system comes in; good friends' encouragement helps when personal motivation fails!!
Quote:
5. Eat ... energizing ... foods. .. get lots of vegetables ... and ... fruits

True. I find I really crave citrus in the winter, when it just happens to be in season. I especially love grapefruit, which is not a bad choice for lowcarbing - 1/2 medium pink grapefruit has 9.2 carbs, and 1.4 gm fiber. That makes it lower than jello SF pudding mix made with cream, and a more satisfying choice, IMHO.

just my two cents' worth,
Doreen