View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-03, 15:25

Plan: EFGT/Nourishing Trads
Stats: -/-/- Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 57%
Unhappy

I'm still waiting for my endoscopy, but today I happened to speak to another Dr at my dr's office because I was concerned about some side effects I might be having.

He checked my notes and commented that as the Lansoprazole (proton pump inhibitor) did not appear to have cured my problem then I most likely did NOT have a stomach ulcer. Now I am wondering - WHAT IS IT THEN?? He said it could be IBS or Crohn's, maybe, but with those you get diarrhoea and/or constipation with general bowel discomfort and pain, right? I have none of that - simply pain and discomfort in my stomach area. He also pointed out that at my age it was very unlikely to be stomach cancer (I have obviously been worrying a little about this, but I feel quite well otherwise with no sudden weight loss or appetite loss and my bloods were all very good). Anyhoo, unlikely does not mean impossible ....!

Part of my anxiety is that I don't want to get into a discussion about my diet with any medical person (like at the hospital after my endoscopy). At first sight, as I am eating this "unhealthy high fat diet" and I have stomach problems, in their eyes they must be connected, right? I will emphasise my natural, unprocessed diet of plenty of fresh fruit & veg with meat, fish and chicken, but with a bit of probing, they will come across my high fat diet. I'm no good in conflict situations, despite the fact that I have read extensively about low carb over the past 2 years. I just crumple under medical scrutiny (Yes! wimp!!)

Oh dear .....