View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-03, 11:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, under 30/day
Stats: 335/289/185
BF:
Progress: 31%

My husband and I are working on year 23 now. My parents were together 36 before my Mom died. You are fortunate to have such a long history with someone special! I, also, wish we'd known sooner - it might have given my mother a few more years, as well as prevented a few heart attacks in the family.

I wish there were more low-carb products available in my area, but the grocery shopping is, if anything, easier than before. There's so much we don't need to buy anymore. Once in a great while I will get a serious craving for something, but it's rare. As long as I don't dwell on forbidden foods, they don't usually bother me.

Three years ago I had a triple bypass and had been on several medications for heart disease, high blood pressure and diabetes. Those 12 tablets from before I started Atkins have reduced to three. My blood pressure is down significantly. My triglycerides are down over a hundred points. My legs used to swell MUCH worse than they do now. I had digestive problems and allergies that have simply disappeared on Atkins. The list of benefits goes on and on. So, even if I never lost another pound, I'm a low-carber for life.

I hear you about the clothes. I'm NOT buying another pair of pants until I'm down at least one size! I just got two shirts in a smaller size. They fit me better than the previous size did when I started. My husband went down from a 46 to a 40 pants size and my son has gone from a 52 to a 46. Both are still losing weight, but not as quickly as before.

How old are your daughters? Do you like to read books?

Do you do much experimentation with low-carb recipes? Have you found any new favorites?