View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-03, 09:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/145/135
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default wondering about this...

I had my gall bladder removed about a year ago, diseased due to the very low fat diet I had always followed. I had been very thin, and only realised my problem when I ate some fried food after hearing about Atkins. So I am grateful now for the whole experience I guess. Maybe I had had stones ( many of them ) for a number of years. I was 24 when it was removed.

Well, what I am wondering now is whether the stress placed on my liver for fat elimination ( is this what happens after GB removal ?) and the use of ECA's clash?
I have not yet seen a doctor but am sure I have liver problems. Not noticable unless pointed out, but I have yellow in the whites of my eyes. Sometimes pain on my right side, espeically with alcohol consumption so I have stopped. This pain was noticed long before beginning with ECA's.
Also I have had pain on my left side over my heart. Lack of energy and the other symptoms of liver problems are present also.

I am enjoying the burst of energy from the stacks so I am reluctant to give this up right now but wonder if anyone sees correlation between all the factors I have mentioned which could be potentially very dangerous??