Thread: Buddy, anyone?
View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-03, 07:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 350/317/180
BF:
Progress: 19%

Hi freydis, thanks for responding, you know I thought it would be nice to have a buddy to go down this path with. We are about the same starting weight and we both want to be "loosers". (I think it is fun when something negitive can be positive). Anyways, besides the forum, we could share thoughts and ideas and emotions with each other.

I am married, 37 years, two girls, 61 years old and love the low carb way of eating. We are all on it and it is so easy for us. Still a bit of a problem keeping ahead with the shopping and the meal planning, however, it is not bad. This way of eating fits our lifestyle so well, and is working so well, I wish we had know about it sooner. I am amazed how well it is working. I am seldom hungury, I don't have much trouble with cravings, well maybe ice cream, but other than that, it is pretty smooth sailing.

I have not set any minni goals, in fact when we started I just accepted the fact that this was it for the rest of my life. How are you doing? You have success stories around you, does that help that the rest of your family has had success? I am just pretty much taking it one day at a time. Yeah, I would love to be able to put on a pair of shorts and a go outside and feel like I looked okay. However, that is down the road a bit. I guess I do have a mini goal, and that is get down to a smaller waist size of jeans, which I have several of, before I wear these out. I am not buying another pair this size. I just am not.

Well, I smell the coffee, something I did not give up, so I will go for now and talk to you later.

Charlie