View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-03, 18:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/202/145
BF:
Progress: 46%

When I went on Atkins, several co-workers started the program at about the same time. One guy was dropping pounds very quick. I was discourage because the pounds were slower for me. I called my mom for some support. My mom is an Executive Assistant, not a doctor, but her theory made sense and helped me out. She said...

People who are protein deficient will lose inches before pounds because muscle weighs more than fat.

She also said...

People who crave sugar and sweets have a protein deficiency.

I craved starches and sugar all of the time before Atkins. And you know what, my clothes always get looser before the scale moves. So maybe mom really does know best!

Just a little note... My mom is an avid marathoner. She is 57 years old and looks like she close to my age (which is 37!) She has read almost every health and diet book. She has pretty much been a low carber during most of the past 30 years without ever being on a particular plan. Too bad I was always the rebel and never followed her lead until now.

So, don't worry about the scale. I have lost only 38 lbs in 7 months. I started off as a size 24. I bought a dress last week that was a size 16. My 20's are big on me and the 18's are now getting loose. Who cares what the scale says as long as I feel great and look great too!