Thread: SAD
View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Nov-24-00, 00:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%
Smile Hi, Doreen! (and anyone else who's reading this!)

Nothing to do with SAD, but my brain hurts! I've been marking 1st year research essays (English Comp)for the last couple of days. The level of literacy in most of them is APPALLING. Most of the papers are ESL - OK, you can't *blame* someone for not having a perfect understanding of English if they weren't brought up with it. But how do these people get into college? Some of these papers have so many errors my corrections take up as much room as the typing .... oh, well, just venting. I'm tired and my shoulders hurt.

Why wait till January? Complain now!

I like "couch cauliflower"! I don't even *look* at my thighs.

Well, the monsoons have set in . . . weather forecast for the next five days is rain, rain, and more rain. It was dreary all day today. I don't know whether it's the light, the exercise, or the drugs (ephedra and caffeine), though, I've felt alert and active all day. Of course this is only the beginning of the rains. We'll see how I'm doing this time next week.

I've got the standardized extract St. John's Wort. I'm not sure I should take it with the ephedra though. Apparently you're not supposed to take ephedra with a MAO inhibitor, and the Wort acts like one. Apparently. Anyway, I want to test the ephedra just on its own for a while before introducing anything else - no use confounding the variables! So far, the very small dose I've been taking seems to mildly increase energy and mildly decrease appetite. Neither of which I'm complaining about!

Oy, I need a back massage . . . and a brain massage!

Thanks for listening (reading)!

Rachel