#2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-03, 11:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Lynne,

I don't know how much this will relate, but two months ago I completely lost my appetite and couldn't eat for weeks. Friends were telling me to drink protein shakes at least, etc. But I would manage to get in a scrambled egg, sometimes if I was feeling better, a small salad. But my appetite was gone, and my fascination for food to play the comfort role no longer existed.

I lost a lot and I lost fast. My fear was that increasing my food intake back up to normal would put the weight back on. So, I was told to gradually increase my calories each day, still drink tons of water and take walks, etc. (you're already on the fat burning system, so you should be ok here)...I never did put on a single pound, in fact, when I started eating normal LC, I continued to lose...

AND I had broken my cravings, my portions were now under control and I realized that food did not help me one bit...it only served as ENERGY when my body signaled for it.

I'm NOT a fan of fasting, but I do know that coming out of one need not be a reversal of your efforts. I would start increasing my calories and carbs with some salads and fats...a little each day until you're in the right zone, maybe a little below is okay for now, see what your body wants. But do get it used to real foods again...the nutrition is important, the fiber is essential, etc. You're on your way with a good loss, so just start transferring that system over to one that includes good foods and you should continue to lose.

Good luck,