View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-03, 09:37

Plan: My own
Stats: 340/340/180 Female 5' 10"
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 0%
Wink Just got my bloodwork back

Well...I had a bunch of bloodwork done on the ninth and needless to say my cholesterol is up to 6.02mmol/L (it was perfect in October), and normal is 3.2 to 5.2. When I told my doctor that I had barely started Induction at that point he laughed. Told him how I'd been feeling great and had tons of energy and he said that was the most important thing. I was so scared he was going to give me heck and order me to go off.

My triglycerides are 2.41mmol/L and normal is 0-2.26, HDL is 1.21mmol/L and normal is .91 to 1.04, my LDL is 3.71mmol/L and normal is 0-3.36.

My doctor told me not to worry and suggested we test again in 6 months time.

On a bright note....my creatinine is low at 59 umol/L with normal being 62-106...so my kidneys are working great! I told him there were probably trace ketones in my urinalysis and he laughed again saying Yup! I told him not to worry as this was normal for what I was doing with my eating.

I got a copy of my results and will compare them to the ones in 6 months time. Nice to have a doctor who doesn't push medication and lets me plan my own lifestyle.

Nicole