View Single Post
  #134   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-03, 08:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 164/148/135
BF:
Progress: 55%
Thumbs up I learned a lot and got motivated

Thanks everyone for the great info in this thread. I had been stringently following my own program of early a.m. exercise to start my day and then got lazy for a couple weeks. Learning more about the benefits from you all has motivated me. I was up and out this morning before work even though the news was telling me it was 2 degrees F.

The only reason I had always exercised early was to avoid giving myself time to make excuses for skipping my workout later in the day. I did not realize I am getting additional benefits. Nor that I was accidentally doing something else positive for myself by having small amount of caffeine prior. And now I will make sure I fuel my muscles after as you recommended Dan.

I'm wondering about strategy for making the most of short workouts. Getting that early start morning exercise is often the only time that I can completely claim as "mine" meaning I have many demands with children, work etc. Don't we all?

What about tips for exercise that can be fit into 5 or 10 minute windows of time throughout the rest of my day?