#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 21:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/174/130 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default It's Time To Break The Ice!

Hello Everyone!
I have been a lurker for over a month, joined the site have posted a few times too. But I thought maybe it's time to introduce myself!

I am 34 year old female who has had problems with my weight in my pre-teens. Was a long distant bicyclists in my teens (so no weight problem then) until...my early twenties (when i got married and also had a bicycle accident) . I have been lc-ing since Nov 2 2002. Have lost 23 pounds and I really believe that if I had not found the Low-Carb way of eating...I never would have had the will power to lose weight.
My Brother and his Wife started last year (Jan) and each has lost over 50 pounds, my Aunt and Uncle are also having great success.
I guess one of the biggest thing that has happened in my life for me to realize that I really had to do something quick was.....

My User Id are the antique car and truck that my DH and I own. We joined a car club called the Early Ford V8. They go on monthly day tours and several times a year do a 2-3 day tour. Well in Sept we went to Lake Lure NC (Beautiful Trip) But one of the things I realised was My husband and I were the youngest couple by a couple of decades. But I was also the heaviest of the women by several decades of pounds too. We danced at a Halloween Party at the Inn. And I just hated the outfit that I had to wear because nothing really fits all that great anyway.

Another thing is I moved to the small town in my teens (Skinny Me) When I got married my husband was in the Navy we lived in Charleston SC for 3 years (Did Not Help My Weight) and then when I moved back...I would do just about anything to keep from shopping or going up town to avoid seeing anyone I know. And it is such a small town. On Jan 9th I joined the local civic center and I have started lifting weights 3 days a week (What A Mile Stone For Me) Not the weights, but the public appearances.

Well Thanks For Listening To My Story!
I feel like I already know some of you from being able to read your post and journals! (I now have a Gym Log---and will be working on Journal!)
I just want to let you all know how much you inspire me every day!

Wishing You All The Best!

Here's To Cruisin Into My New Way of Life and My New Body!
Julie
37-48Ford
Sponsored Links