View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-08, 00:57
Registered Member

Plan: Idiot Proof Diet (P2)
Stats: 141.9/136.3/136.3 Female 5'6''
BF:17.6%
Progress: 100%

For me aspartame was disastrous. I had most of the side-effects. Migranes, heart-irregularieties and anxiety. I never drank light drinks, it all came from the little pills I put in my coffee. I'd put 2 per big latte and I'd have 3-4 lattes per day.

At one point a friend of mine saw me put those in my coffee and said. "wait, aren't you having health issues?" so he explained all those things to me and I immediatly cut out that stuff. Since it leaves your system pretty fast in just a few days I felt so much better. I haven't had a single anxiety attack since I stopped using it. No migranes either and my heart's not been acting up.

Based on my own experience with it, I try to convince everyone I know to stop using it, but people here are right, it's a personal thing and not everyone has the some reactions to it.

Personally, I like to research where stuff comes from and aspartame was originally discovered by a chemist who was reasearching anti-ulcer drugs and accidentally licked his fingers and tasted how sweet it was. For me personally, I'd rather take stevia which is an hearb used for sweetening since mayan times.

But as I said, it's a personal thing and everyone is different/reacts different. :-)