View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 13:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Welcome Aboard!

Sounds like you are off to a terrific start and have a real positive attitude. Like Donald says, this is definitely a way of life and a long term project. That's what I love about the Triple Digits Club. We all have that in common and have had a lot of common experiences. Nothing fast happening around here! But sure as heck - the weight does go!

I have always suffered from terrible digestive troubles. I had irritable bowel syndrome for two years and lost about 75 pounds cause well........nothing stayed in. Everyone said I looked great I guess cause I was actually thin. Of course my skin was white and a lot of my hair fell out. Once the IBS cleared up, I put the weight right back on and then some. I still had a terrible digestive system.

I started this WOL just to lose weight. I didn't know that my digestive problems would literally disappear overnight. It seems that I just don't digest complex carbs at all.

Words cannot express how wonderful I feel. I never have digestive problems - it is as if I just landed in a different body. I keep losing weight. I sure have my moments of frustration and doubt, cause the process is slow and you just have to stick with it day in and day out. But with the help of my many friends and many I haven't met yet, I absolutely know that I will get there.

Welcome! Cindi