View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 11:27
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

I have the old Weight Watchers books that was my mothers...unfortunately we just moved a month ago and lots of my books are still in boxes. Here is what I remember. For women, bread was limited to 2 slices a day, one at breakfast, one at lunch...if it wasn't eaten by lunch it was forfeited. Fruit was 3 per day for women and 5 per day for men, bananas and watermelon were not allowed. There was at least 4 and no more than 7 eggs per week (I think), and 5 fish meals per week. Liver once a week, as you remembered. There were two kinds of vegetables, #2 and #3 I believe, one group was unlimited, you could have all you wanted of one group. The other group you could have two servings of per day, I believe. You had to drink skim milk and were allowed buttermilk and tomato juice and tea and coffee to drink. No potatoes, rice, ketchup, bacon, fatback, cake, candy, cookies, sweets, etc. It was a moderate low carb plan that was designed for maintenance...the idea was that this was the way that you would eat for the rest of your life.

HTH

Beth