View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 11:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 367/225/175
BF:
Progress: 74%

You won't receive any bashing from me. This is the main low carb diet I follow.

For some reason my body does not break down any carbs, including the veggies. So I started eating this way and the scale started moving. I do however make it a point every so often to add in a salad here and there or a stir fry. I won't eat this way forever, but it is a good way to go for now.

When following the Atkins induction, I seem to not lose. I need to cut the veggie and cheese intake and BAM the weight starts coming off.

I'm not a big fan of vitamins as well so I take ONE multi-vitamin, (Centrum performance) that way I don't have to take 13 pills in the morning.

As for the leg cramps, do you cut back on the sodium? Because losing water and all water retention can cause leg cramps. Atkins has a good FAQ on his site regarding this.

Atkins has a strong diuretic effect during the first week of Induction. When you lose a large amount of water as you do at the start of any weight-loss program, you also lose electrolytes, which contain the minerals potassium, magnesium and calcium, resulting in leg cramps. To replace these vitanutrients, salt your food to taste and take a mineral supplement that includes calcium, magnesium and potassium.