View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-08, 10:28
Paleo and proud!

Plan: Paleo / Primal
Stats: 210/175.6/168 Female 70 inches
BF:40%/34.4%/30%
Progress: 82%

Hello juksey and welcome back to lowcarbing! I can't offer any first-hand advice about feeding a family because I live on my own, but there are many many people on these forums who have succeeded on being lowcarb whilst living in a family environment.

I don't really think that what you eat has to be completely different from what the rest of your family eats, if say, an evening meal were to consist of roast lamb, veggies and potatoes, all you'd have to do was to cut out the potatoes. Chicken wings, salad and chips, you have more chicken and salad instead of chips. I'm sure that you could even just completely cut out the starchy carbs after a while too.

There are tonnes of recipes on this forum, and when it comes to desserts, I don't see why the whole family can't enjoy the low carb versions of puddings -- they're all so delicious!

There's no reason why you can't all sit down to a breakfast of boiled eggs and asparagus spears, scrambled eggs and bacon, cold meats and cheese, I sometimes have leftover chicken and salad, this morning I had steak and salad for breakfast!

I think the thing about this way of eating is that it is entirely plausible for a whole family to join in because it is such an easy diet to to follow -- the food tastes great and you should never be hungry.

I hope some of this has been helpful. Good luck, and keep us updated on how things go