View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 21:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/185/115
BF:?/?/16%
Progress: 0%
Default High Cholestrol

I had my physical last week and the doctor called tonight to let me know that all looks well except that my cholestrol was high-267.
I told him that I had read the Atkins book and Atkins suggested that I have my blood work done before starting the diet. I asked my doctor what he thought about it and he said it was fine though in his opionion he had seen many patients who had been on Atkins only to regain the weight. I told him I realize I wanted to do something for my health and would like to begin the diet. He gave me the go ahead and asked me to come back in a month to check my cholestrol again.

My question is this: How many of you have had high cholestrol and has the Atkins diet really brought it down considerably?

I officially began the diet today and have done well the entire day. I did come home rather hungry and ate half a bag of pork rinds. It was a better choice than reaching for the regular chips.

Also, I had a cup of decaf coffee this morning.By the time I came home at 4:30 PM I had a terrible headache. I made me a cup of regular coffee and the headache went away. I guess I am really addicted to the caffeine. Hope to get pass through this because regular coffee makes me feel really hot anyway.
Sponsored Links