#14   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-08, 07:09
Registered Member

Plan: Berstein's
Stats: 220/189/155 Male 68"
BF:
Progress: 48%

Hi Sweetie and thanks for posting.

Prior to low-carbing I used to take a diuretic regularly due to water retention. It relates to a heart issue that I have. In the 4 months that I have been on a low carb diet, I haven't had to pop one Lasix (furosemide) which amazes me. Apparently, I have had the opposite effect but am very pleased not to be taking the diuretic because it drained me of energy.

My diet is not particularly high in protein, but not low either. I mainly subsist on fats (predominantly, saturated and mono-unsaturated) and still maintain a very low carb intake as I want to continue the progress toward my weight goal.

Therefore, I am afraid I can't offer you much help except to give you my own personal experience in the matter...

... and btw, your endo seems to be quite enlightened regarding carb intake. He sounds like "a keeper".

Kind regards,
/smile

P.S. I just noticed the new bp medication he has put you on. I have been on a beta blocker (Coreg or carvedilol, I could not tolerate Toprol at all) and an ace inhibitor (Altace or ramipril). Both help the heart efficiency and lower the BP, and the ace also helps kidney efficiency.