#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 13:20
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 202/180/145
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Why don't we measure at the beginning

I have noticed that many of us did not take our measurements at the beginning of this WOE. Seems to me its because we can't really believe this WOE will work. I know it was about 2 weeks before I did. I have memories of so many past failures, staring with lists of weight and measurements that never went down. Now I can't wait to write on my food journal and tell myself how well I have been doing! I wish I would have had a friend trace around me on a big sheet of paper so that when I reach my goal I could have it done again - it would have been a wonderful permanent reminder of what finding the right WOE for me did!

Today I am celebrating another size lost, that makes 2 so far, 2 more to go. I treated myself to a very hip haircut and now my colleages are raving about how much younger I look. They saw now I look "10 years younger, around 30"(this is especially fun as I am really 50!)

Also I am noticing that my skin isn't sagging. (Did anyone see the horrific segment on some news show about the extensive plastic surgery some newly thin people must have? This was a segment about gastric bypass and people who had lost over 100 pounds. It was pretty scary looking) ANyway, I think my skin has time to snap back and I am also exercising, which helps as well. I am curious about those out there on this forum who have lost over 50 pounds. What are your experiences?

As always, thanks to everyone who posts. I learn new things every day and get a lot of inspiration here.
Sponsored Links