View Single Post
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 11:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Just my two cents again...this may not apply to many, but maybe someone out there can relate so here goes...

I've been on Atkins since April of 2002 and lost 12 lbs on induction.

After induction, I was "allowed" to have many more foods...the bars, the LC candies, some nuts, peanut butter... what happened was that I was so caught up in trying to substitute my favorite FOODS instead of substituting my bad habits for better ones...that I THOUGHT I was keeping to the plan...

Finally by November, my world shook a bit, and I had lost my appetite for a while. When I started to pick up eating again I only stayed with simple, real foods that were on the plan, in SMALLER PORTIONS, and finally realized all that I had been doing to sabotage myself.

From April to November...a net of 10 lbs lost.
From November to Jan...another 32 lbs. lost.

I don't need those bars, treats or cheats AT ALL now...

It's getting my control over the eating and the foods that made the difference...even the legal stuff can be too much or can work against us.

I do love taking an Atkins bar into the movies sometimes...feels like the right place to have a treat...but even that now makes me ask myself...just because it's a movie, does it call for candy? The association is what I'm personally trying to break...LC candy or not.

Just a thought!