#30   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-08, 08:51

Plan: cronometer + Ray Peat
Stats: 185/118.4/125 Female 5' 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 111%

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-boogie
First off how in the world do you count your protein? I don't have a scale and couldn't tell you what a 2 oz piece of chicken look like compared to 4 oz.
On page 76 of Atkins for Life (AFL) he lists really great guidelines for estimating portion sizes that might help you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-boogie
So that left me thinking is that why alot of people have trouble staying on Atkins I mean really following it to the letter and tend to always go back to Induction/OWL? I find that alot of people are not truly going up the rungs as written in the book and are actually stuck at Induction with a few added OWL-Maintence foods thrown in every now and then. To me this is not how the plan was design......

For me I am tired of dieting and want something I can live with without feeling deprived. I don't want to spend my life afraid to leave Induction.
I've been reading several threads with great interest and was contemplating switching to PP/PPLP. Got the books from the library AND got out my DANDR & AFL (Atkins for Life). I agree totally that it "seems" like lots of people do stay at induction-level carbs for various reasons-food intolerances, falling off/on the wagon, fear, etc. For me, my ultimate goal is to be able to follow something more like AFL if possible. In that book he breaks down foods into 3 categories: eat regularly, eat moderately, eat sparingly. Fruit is included, so are some grains, but basically keeping things LC and high nutrition. I'm good with that as a lifetime plan--it seems very similar to PP in the later stages. We'll see as I go along; I figure I can always tweak to my particular needs.

I TOTALLY agree with pamlynn about getting a kitchen scale--I use mine all the time!

This is a great discussion.