View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-08, 21:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 138/124/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

You know I rarely participate in conversations about diet with people (neighbors, coworkers, friends, people at the gym, etc). If you were to simply tell people that you're cutting out sugar and refined foods like white rice and flour and focusing more on fresh vegetables and meats, no one would think twice about it. It's healthy, right? Sounds healthy.

I don't think there's any debate about the health benefits of cutting sugar and white stuff out of your diet. The proportions of food you eat once the sugar, etc., is gone --- is really immaterial to anyone but you, isn't it? So you eat more fat than protein, or you choose cream over milk... those things aren't choices to get worked up about unless it's your own body. I can't fathom how strangers would have enough time/energy to CARE which proportions of fat and protein another person puts into their body. Can you picture caring if a coworker ate chicken with or without the skin, or cooked in coconut oil instead of Pam spray? But it seems as soon as "Atkins" is uttered, people immediately DO seem to care how many eggs you eat for breakfast or if you cooked them with or without butter. How insane!!