#8   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 12:55

Plan: Atkins (basic LC) + Portion Control
Stats: 174/144/120
BF:
Progress: 56%

Quote:
Originally posted by Flintstone
. . . . I've seen for myself the IMMEDIATE effect LC'ing has on blood sugar. For the life of me I don't understand why this is not the plan of choice for doctors to prescribe!!

Sure, call me paranoid, call me suspicious, but IMHO (in my humble opinion) some reasons why LC is not widely promoted among the medical profession (aside from Dr. B and Dr. A) oh and also Suzanne Sommers and other non medical people is:

a) DOCTORS Doctors were trained in the old school of thought about blood sugar and the national food guides (which have been proven to be wrong ... not only wrong but contrary to what the truth is). They stubbornly stick to what they were taught and unfortunately they are too busy and too caught up in paperwork, HMO's and other crap that they (many, anyway) don't have time to re-educate themselves or to find out if there just may be something to this LC business .

b) DRUG COMPANIES Drug companies don't want you to know because if you were able to control your health & diabetes through low carbing they the drug companies wouldn't be able to make a profit by selling you drugs to do the same thing LC does.

c) MEDICAL PERSONNEL Medical personnel such as diabetes associations would be out of a job or grants or ???? if less people became diabetic or if those who needed diabetic counselling took their health in their own hands and lowered their BG levels through LC.

... and I'm not the ONLY one who has this opinion. What does it take to get doctors to admit they need to re-evaluate this issue: