View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 09:04

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 356/332/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default I sure hope that I don't offend anyone here ...

and maybe this is just my personal crusade for eating real food vs processed food.

I was rather disappointed to see the Authors consent to the development of pre-packaged shakes and cookies. (I was also not impressed with Southern Heritage's aggressive solicitation of the SB Message Boards when the cookies were first unveiled)

One of the things I liked about SB was the Author's stance about getting processed food out of the daily diet. And while it may be an improvement over what the kids have been eating, I just can't reconcile eating a cookie as a meal replacement with that stance.

I absolutely agree that our children have been bombarded with garbage cleverly disguised as food. But I think we can replace that with real food rather than something else that is processed.

It doesn't take long to whip up a batch of Whole Grain Oatmeal cookies or a nice healthy Blueberry Bran Muffin... Or its pretty easy to keep raw veggies and dip on hand (my kids would eat anything if they could dip it) or chunks of cheese. How about keeping small bottles of juice handy in the fridge? Containers of unsweetened applesauce or fresh fruit?

There are a lot of other choices that we can offer that will assist them to wean themselves off of the junk.

Just my 2 cents...

molly (who is now getting off of her soap box)