View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 07:32

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hi Slim!

I understand the fear of anesthesia, but it's very, very rare for a person to have serious complications from the anesthesia itself.
I've also had the very sore throat and sounding like a troll for a couple of days from the anesthesia tube too. I just had surgery 4 weeks ago and didn't have that this time because they used a shorter tube that doesn't go past the vocal cords (that's what makes it so sore) and never had to go off low carb while I was recovering. If it is sore, you could try protein shakes with some extra cream added in instead of ice cream. Add some ice to the shakes in the blender and it will be just as cold as ice cream. Another option that would be lower in carbs would be to put some frozen berries in the blender and add some heavy cream and Splenda and you'll get soft-serve type ice cream. I was just doing this for my youngest daugther a few weeks ago when she had strep throat.
Oh...about that scarring. Have you ever tried rubbing vitamin E oil on it once the stitches come out? I did that with my recent surgical scar and it's already starting to fade at 4 weeks.
I'll be thinking about you. Let us know how you're doing.