Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 06:42

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%
Default Re: Popcorn...........

Quote:
Originally posted by murpel

If I remember correctly, induction suggests you stay between 20-25g's a day. One small popcorn could be the carbs for the day. That would only leave you meat as a carb free food. Like I said, I'm trying to remember. Induction was a long time ago.
Your choice.....good luck and enjoy your movie!

Um. Either you haven't read the book or it must've been a real long time for you because Induction is NOT about staying between 20 and 25grams of carbs at all. If that were the case, you could eat a half of a candy bar a day, and then just meat. It's not a "Suggestion" either, its a rule. Not to mention there would be way more then 12-20grams of carbs in a small. A small for movie theaters is usually like 3 cups. And the fake butter has hidden carbs?? Ha. Did you forget about the popcorn?? Yea so, real BAD advice.

Not trying to be rude or anything, but I think if anyone was serious about even doing Atkins, read the book..and knew they couldn't possibly resist popcorn..they wouldn't even go to the movies. You're basically on here asking us for permission to cheat.

Just the smell of popcorn would make someone want it without a doubt. Almost nobody could ever just stop at *just a few pieces* I don't even think its the popcorn thats addicting, I think its the butter. Butter which is allowed on Atkins.. So hey, ya could have some celery with just as much butter on em and just as crunchy

Hmm. Anyways heres your answer. Atkins Quote:
Quote:
You are, however, on a qualitative diet. That means, that, if the food is not on your diet, you have absolutely none of it. Your "Just this one tast won't hurt" rationalization is the kiss of death on this diet. Addicts will find this rule builds character in a hurry.