#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-03, 22:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 150/145/128
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default 'm kinda stalled and thyroid question

Hey guys, I started Atkins on 11/18, did Induction for three weeks and since then I have only eaten 25-30 carbs a day but this past week I feel really bloated and my belly sticks out much more than usual.
Typical Day
bacon and eggs
hamburger w/one pce cheese and small salad with Caesar dressing and one oz of pistachios on it.
steak and broccoli
jello and RediWhip OR an Atkins Endulgence bar OR a Carbolite bar.
8-9 glasses of Water
cardio 3-4 times a week and weight lifting three times a week.
I ate the bars during Induction and they didn't seem to stall me.
Regarding my thyroid, I have all of the classic symptoms of Hypothyroidism esp the NO energy part. I also did the thermometer test where you place it under your arm for ten minutes every morning BEFORE you get out of bed and you do this for three days. If your avg temp is below 97.5 then it's highly likely that you have subclinical hypothyroidism even if blood tests are normal. See http://www.healthynewage.com/339161.html
I have found a Doc in Dallas who believes in the thermometer method and I am hoping she will prescribe Armour medication for me because I refuse to take Synthroid. Anyone else have any thyroid problems? I feel if I can get my thyroid working properly then I will lose weight much easier. A little background on my med history. After getting breast cancer for the second time in 8/2000 I had a total hysterectomy in March of 2001 and immediately went into menopause. I have not felt "right" since then regarding energy, etc., and I turn 41 in March.
Thanks and sorry for the length.
Sponsored Links