View Single Post
  #167   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-03, 19:27

Plan: protein power
Stats: 158/150/140
BF:34%/33%/25%
Progress: 44%
Talking

This has been the best discussion.......it's great to know that I'm not alone in this. I am 41 and had a full hysterectomy almost 3 yrs ago. I have been on estrogen since. Well, until recently that is. LOL funny me thought I could handle weaning myself estro. Hahahaha. what a total joke. The problem is.....I have no estrogen in my body at alll without the hrt. I tried all the herbal stuff....black cohosh(gave me major stomach pains), soy(didn't realize that I couldn't take this because I am allergic to peanuts, until I talked to my allergist about why I was swelling up and couldn't breathe) notheing worked for those nasty night sweats and extreme anxiety I was having. I could deal with the hot flashes and occasional brain fog.....but I thought I was actually going crazy. My DH didn't know what to do with me. It actually was all very funny......now that I am back on my estro and can look back at the whole situation. I just decided that I am not brave enough to deall with the NO sleep and anxiety attacks.

I still have a few hot flashes and an occasional night sweat.... and I 'm not sure if the memory problem is from the lack of estro or just because I have too much going on.....but I do know that I have to laugh at myself to keep sane and enjoy life as it is.

Thank you all for posting and letting me know that I'M REALLY NOT GOING CRAZY AFTER ALL....LOL