#8   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-03, 11:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Hi Catherine...

I wanted to share a couple of things with you...first of all, at your height and weight, you are NOT obese...!! I know, we all feel awful about certain thing concerning ourselves...I just got back from a cruise and I can't tell you how many times I compared myself with the younger, sexier girls! It IS depressing, but it's still a matter of our attitude, and that can be changed with a simple decision! Try to get the negative thoughts about yourself OUT of your head, and replace them with some serious determination to reach your goals.

NOT to fast...just a realistic pace that will be more lasting in the end. I dropped WAY too much weight in 3 months the first time around and there's no answer to the loose skin problem other than surgery. So, nice and slow will not damage the body...

Also, I have battled PCOS for years, and am finally WINNG!! I can relate to your situation, and I guarantee you, staying on a LC diet no matter what, is the answer to the symptoms. You may be aware that they are now finding a glycemic root to this syndrome...well, I knew that -- most of us did -- long before the doctors!! Staying away from the carbs and sweets definitely helps the system to function more smoothly...so hang in there even if you're not losing right away!

In such a wonderful FOOD place...you should be enjoying all the oily fish, lamb, cheeses, olive oil...mmmm, garlic, oregano, herbs,...oh, can I come for a visit??? Listen, go to the library or book shop and see if there are some LC cookbooks for the local cuisine...in any case, you can improvise and adjust anything you need to...

You and your DH can eat like royalty and be on LC together (he can have the bread, you have the butter!)...

Stay in here with us...this is a great place to check in for support and motivation. You'll do great!! Good luck.