View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, May-15-08, 07:23

Plan: General LC no plan
Stats: 225/195/140 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Nay-sayers

Somebody had mentioned that I should start telling EVERYBODY that I'm eating this way so they will know better what not to offer me. Some people will go as far to say that "Oh, you can't have this or that."

I don't know about anybody else, but I really wouldn't want anybody else to have to worry about what I put in my mouth. Ultimately, it's my own decision. And lets face it, if we chose the behavior, we also chose the consequence {both good and bad}.

Most people don't really understand the whole LC thing anyway. I gave up trying to explain it.

For example: recently [I'm sure we all have a similar story] was talking with a gal at work, and I don't like to say "Atkins" or "high protein" but do say low carb... (Because I just get sick of defending it all the time)... anyway, she did put it together and asked me if I was "doing Atkins"... so I said I was.

She went on to say that it doesn't work because once you go off it, you gain all the weight back... I was like, "Why go off it? Why go back to eating processed crap/junk and let the weight come back on?" Her response was that if I didn't I would surely have a heart-attack and die.

Well, my point was: I don't really advertise it a lot... Most people just don't get "it". And I don't expect them to...

I'll eat what I want, and it's nobody's responsibility...

But what do you guys say to the nay sayers? Do you go in depth of how it works? Or do you just shrug it off...???
Sponsored Links