View Single Post
  #16   ^
Old Thu, May-08-08, 21:49

Plan: Intermittent Fasting, LC
Stats: 242/215/130 Female 5'7.5"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 24%

Well, I worked with a woman who was/is anorexic. She drank slim fast through her entire pregnancy. We all bitched at her that it wasn't good for the baby, that she needed to eat. She weighed like 120 at nine months. The baby, a BOY, weighed 9lbs. Knowing what I know now, that last part makes sense. SlimFast has a lot of carbs.

As to environment. I had heard that the alkalinity or acidity of the uterus can affect which sperm reach the egg. eg female swim better in acid?(forget which is which) But, that may be overall diet, not necessarily breakfast.

And personally, their reasoning makes no sense. Males can reproduce many more times over than a female. And they don't incurr the same nutritional needs or inability to get around as they "reproduce"... So, this
Quote:
"However, in leaner times having a daughter is a safer bet."
doesn't make sense to me. Unless you accept that women do hold on to nutrients more than men do. ie it's harder for women to lose weight. So, a female would survive lean times better than a male, and reach adulthood to reproduce when hopefully it's a feast time...

And...
Quote:
M Levac Quote:
Women don't develop weird food cravings during pregnancy. It's an illusion.
I have to disagree with you here. When I was pregnant with my oldest, I did not want to eat meat. It just wasn't appealing. I wanted fruit. Particularly oranges. With my second, I had a hankering for tomato sandwiches. With salt and pepper. This was also something I did not usually eat, or even want, but my mom does all the time. Both children are girls. I just figure there was something nutritional that I didn't need with the meat avoidance. And something I did with the tomato sandwich. See, it wasn't even ice cream and pickles...

ETA: So, since we can usually get adequate food, does this mean the pyramid (ie low fat) is "starving" us, and we are producing mostly females? (My sister had two boys, so we are balanced out! )
Sponsored Links