View Single Post
  #72   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-03, 09:29

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 133.5/124/118
BF:
Progress: 61%

Thanks for taking the time to look at my fitday, jkrohn - I was getting a little worried there!

I haven't had corn since I started the diet (didn't miss it & in all honesty didn't really enjoy it that much), but the girls at the office made me a special dinner yesterday for my bday, trying their best to fit my new diet. They chose salad fixings & vegetable beef soup. I picked the potatoes & carrots out of the soup, but the corn was just too much work.

You would lose the whipping cream, but not necessarily the fruit?? I was thinking (among other things) that fruit might be the culprit, but haven't been able to convince myself to give it up. Is that a bad sign??

Also, if you guys will bear with a newbie, I've read a couple references on this board to yogurt, and how the fermenting process actually digests the sugar so the carb content is lower than what the label reflects. Is that right? I bought a small container of plain (no sugar added) yogurt last night, and see that one cup has 17g carbs. That seems like a lot, even though I'd only eat 1/2 cup. How many carbs would I count of those? I was thinking about drizzling some melted coconut butter over the top of it - I'm having a tough time getting that stuff down as a supplement.

MKGretchen, is the skirt you're referring to a long calf-length one? I'm thinking very seriously about getting one like that to wear with tall boots. What do you guys think about knee-high stockings with an above-the-knee skirt? I saw someone wearing that the other day & thought it was terribly cute (if I would ever firm up). Is that in fashion? I have no idea.

So, for you married babes - how are your husband's reacting to your losing weight? Mine hasn't said much. All he ever says is "your pants look like they're about to fall off you". I was about ready to kill him the other day when I was standing in the checkout line with a new pair of pants. I held them up to show him, and he said (quite loudly) "You think you're going to get into THEM?"

If I ever have sons, I shall counsel them that this is NOT something you do.