View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-09-03, 17:08

Plan: atkins
Stats: 345/265/150
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Children and Low carbing

The biggest inspiration for my low carbing is a ten year old boy who has been on a medically supervised LCWOL since last spring. The child has lost more than 50 pounds and is currently on maintenance. He got so thin, I didn't even recognize him.

I figured if a 10 year old could do it, what's holding me back. I started my plan on October 29 - (lost over 40 pounds so far!)

The plan the child follows is through a local university medical school. I don't remember the doctor's name. I think it's part of a research study, though.

In December, a local TV station did a story on the doctor's program and interviewed the boy at his school. I was also interviewed when the reporter found out the child was my inspiration. I didn't get to see the report because I was at work but lots of people said they saw me. I have been very open about my program throughout the diet and I believe this is helping me stay on it.

But imagine being 10 years old and having the whole world, especially your school, know about your LCWOL.