View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-07-03, 12:51

Plan: Lower Carb/BFL
Stats: 190/181/130
BF:31/??/15
Progress: 15%
Thumbs up Hi Kate!

I am so impressed you are doing the EAS Challenge! Mine is a personal challenge, and I can use all the support I can get. Some of my goals:

1. To complete the BFL challenge -- with perseverence & progress, without expecting perfection

Honestly, it has been such a long time since I have delivered against any fitness/nutrition goals I have set myself, that just proving to myself I can do it will be a major accomplishment.

2. I really, really want to lose 25 pounds of body fat this challenge.

I go back & forth as to whether this is a good goal because it is results-based, not really something I can control. I don't know if you watch Dr. Phil (I don't always, but coness to watching last night ), he had a show on keeping your new year's resolutions and it helped me. He said you should do the following:

1. Identify a specific goal (ie, complete BFL challenge)
2. Identify a measurable outcome of that goal (ie, # of pounds lost)
3. Identify a timeline for meeting that goal (12 weeks)
4. Set a goal you can control (ie, work out & eat well, vs. lose X pounds)
5. Program your strategy to meet your goal (ie, PLAN PLAN PLAN!)
6. Identify the small daily steps you can take to meet your goal (ie, clear cupboards of binge foods, buy single servings of reward foods on free days, etc)
7. Create accountability for your goal (ie, define negative consequences etc)
8. Reward yourself along the way (ie, free days, monthly reward, midpoint reward, end of challenge reward)

Based on the above, I have come up w/ a couple of other goals:

3. Change my lifestyle one day at a time, taking the small steps I need to succeed.

4. Manage myself by reminding myeself of the consequences for my failure to take the steps I need to succeed.

These may be too vague... I am still working on them.

Anyway, hope that is some food for thought! Keep your focus and let us know how you are doing!

babs