View Single Post
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Jan-07-03, 11:34

Plan: Atkins --> South Beach
Stats: 219/214.5/165 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Well, guess who didn't get out of bed to exercise this morning? . Both my daughter and I had a sluggish morning as we were up too late last night. We'll both do better tonight, though . I've already warned her it's an early night tonight.

I'm doing great with the food (though possibly too low on the calories) and OK on the water.

Plus, I did something wonderful for myself - I tried a new service from one of the big supermarket chains where you shop online and they deliver the food! It costs $4.95 for delivery so that's not bad. Not all the generic foods I buy are available, so I may spend a bit more on the name brands, but I HATE HATE HATE food shopping - especially since I always seem to be doing it after work and between one of my kids' activities and dinner. I really hope this turns out to be a good alternative. Delivery is tonight! After work, I'll go home to clean my fridge and just wait for the new food to arrive!

Sunshine - no need to be ashamed with us. Most of us have been there. I know I have. How many here remember how determined I was to reduce my dress size in time for my son's Bar Mitzvah last June? After it became clear I wasn't gong to make it, I found something decent to wear and gave up my good habits for the entire summer. I don't weigh anymore, so I don't know how much I've gained, but I can certainly tell you which clothes I can and can't wear!

You're right about moving on. I'm right there with you. Plus we have similar goals: your anniversary cruise is scheduled for right after my wedding. Let's go!

Howcross - I forgot to take the measurements last night, but I know mine are somewhere near yours. Haven't' weighed in months, but I suspect my weight is similar, too. You might be depressed now, but you won't be by Feb 3rd when you post the changes! You're doing great so far, and your goals look really reasonable. Are you doing Atkins alone, or is your partner joining you? I'm on my own with it, plus my kids eat a lot of pasta as I am a lazy cook .

wilow - "the FIRM" is a series of tapes that promise results in 10 workouts. They've been around for years, but they've recently become very visible due to some infomercials in which they advertise a "complete body sculpting system." Their website is here, but they're available all over the 'net

pre3teach - BFL = "Body For Life." It's an exercise routine where you perform a specific regimen of weight lifting 3 days a week, and a specific regimen of aerobics 3 days a week. There's a whole forum over on the exercise board devoted to it. I loved the results, but did not have the time. I'd constantly get interrupted, and workouts that were supposed to take 45 min. took 1 1/2 hours. I just don't have that kind of time in the morning!

Best to all ...