#13   ^
Old Mon, Jan-06-03, 13:12
Registered Member

Plan: Carb Addicts & WW
Stats: 150/127/132
BF:
Progress: 128%
Default Your Medication Needs T3

It doesn't really matter what medication you are taking, so long as it includes T3 itself, or you are on a T3 supplement.

Synthroid and Levoxyl do not have T3.

The reason you need T3 is because this is the hormone that your thyroid gland produces that regulates energy levels and metabolism.

Because your body produces more T4 than T3, and your body naturally converts T4 to T3, many doctors do not provide T3 directly. This is a mistake because although T4 naturally converts to T3, replacement T4 does not convert to T3.

For example, my mother was undiagnosed for 12 years, and then finally put onto Synthroid. Although this was a life saver, after 20 years of Synthroid she was really noticing that she wasn't as active or healthy as she would like. I convinced her to see my doctor in L.A., and he put her on a T4/T3 replacement. Since May 0f 2002, my mother has lost 32 extra pounds simply by her medication changing. It's wonderful to have a metabolism that works, and T3 is the only way to achieve that if you are hypothyroid.

If you have any questions about this, you can e-mail me at thyroid~justice.com [thyroid AT justice.com], or you can check out my web site [that is still in the developmental stages] at http://diagnosis.4t.com

Margie