View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-06-03, 11:30

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

it was hard for me at first also. i wanted to do everything exactly right. count every single carb. what i found out is that real life doesn't let me do that. i don't have that many hours in the day to waste counting every leaf of lettuce or every ounce of tuna. what i did learn is that fitday.com is a great help. i usually eyeball, or give my best guess to the amounts. i don't sweat it if i go over or under a bit knowing that as long as the pants are fitting better and/or the scale is dropping, i must be doing something right.

i also didn't wory to much about eating too much "legal foods" i found that when i had the mindset that if i want a second helping of steak or chicken or salad i was going to have it. eat till you are full. i found that i was actually eating less than i thought i would and feeling satisfied.

i have also noticed that as the weeks go by, it is easier and easier. at first i had to plan constently. it was always on my mind what would be my next meal. i was so worried that i wouldn't have any low-carb choices when i got hungary that i had a constant supply of beef jerkey and string cheese in my bag at all times. after learning more and more, i don't worry so much. i have found low-carb choices at every restaruant/store/place i have been to.

just do the best you can. doing anything is better than doing nothing!!!