#85   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-08, 16:37

Plan: just no carbs
Stats: 203/182/149 Male 66.5 inches
BF:31/25/15
Progress: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenJ
It is negligent, borderline criminal IMO. There are no subsidies for broccoli, or pastured animals for that matter. All those millions of acres of corn (that used to be, and should be prairie) could be better utilized for grazing livestock. So many problems could be solved with our free sunlight.

People have been so brainwashed by the food industry that they don't even know what food is anymore. Couple that with nefarious (follow the money) public health recommendations and we're screwed.
I am pro freedom, pro capitalist, pro America- but if people are to be given a choice they should at least know the truth before they make their decision. We need to be educating our people on the right foods, not legislating a bunch of bans on the (supposedly) wrong foods.

Ask any rancher and they will tell you that if Americans want grass fed beef than they will surely provide it - but 3 years to bring a cow to market for grass fed vs. 150 days for grain fed is going to result in a much more expensive product. And americans want only things that are cheap. I personally eat grass fed beef and pay $5-6 a lb for ground beef and 8 a lb for round tip roasts. Steaks will go for 8-14 a lb. And I doubt many people are willing to pay those prices.

As for education, good luck when people who read USA Today and watch TV news consider themselves informed. Hell, look at college today, Introductory Logic is no longer a required course . And forget about science.