Old Tue, Feb-26-08, 14:45
Contrarian

Plan: Atkins/Controlled Carb
Stats: 275/190/190 Female 72
BF:Not a clue!
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartersg1
Before we go banning Happy Meals, take a look at the kid's menus at ANY restaurant - no matter what they call it, it's breaded chicken fingers, fries, mac and cheese, pizza, and sugary drinks. I have outright BANNED DD from getting "beige" food anymore. No more fries, nothing fried. Roadhouse - a place known for steaks - has mac and cheese WITH fries for kids!!! YUCK! Until we as parents start demanding changes, it will go on. Cheers!

Exactly!

Good grief, I wrote a blog post about that ages ago.....I still refuse to order anything off the kids' menus for DS.....he can have something from the adult menu (I'll plate it for him and take the rest in a doggy-bag when it gets to the table) or make him a plate from what we're eating. It never ceases to amaze me - the crap they have on kids' menus - and restaurants want you to think they're doing you a favor with the price? Puh-leez!

A couple of weeks ago, DH, DS and me went out to lunch at a local Italian restaurant....kids menu featured a half-dozen pasta options.....all carbs! When I told the waitress DS would have the garden salad topped with grilled chicken breast she asked "are you sure he'll eat that?" I wanted to smack her - for saying it like she did in front of him! UGH Yes, he ate all the chicken, the tomatoes and cucumbers, and the cheese that was on top....just a few bites of the lettuce.....and the waitress was "amazed" (her words) when she was clearing our table when we were done.