#6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-03, 21:11
Registered Member

Plan: SPII IS/BOAG
Stats: 186/136/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:A lot/18%/20%
Progress: 109%
Default my personal experience

I got a horrible case of the Evil Death Chest Plague in early November, and based solely on my own experience, I'd recommend relaxing a little bit if you're really ill. Even after I recovered from the actual illness, I was much more weak and tired than I should have been and took longer to get back to true health. I'm sure it was from the week of unintentional starvation (I couldn't swallow solid stuff, was sleeping 20+ hours a day, and was too dosed up to care).

Next time I'm that sick, I'm going to allow myself yogurt, berry/cream/whey protein smoothies, homemade hot cocoa, and sugar-free ice cream -- all items I normally avoid. I'll eat as much protein and veggies as I can (literally) choke down, and of course avoid sugary and floury stuff. So I'll be eating highER carb, but still trying to pay attention to the source of my carbs .

I think the most important thing is to get *enough* food to fuel your recovery. I didn't do that,and it wasn't a pleasant experience. Your body really does need more energy to heal itself of serious damage, and under those circumstances, increasing your carb intake a little bit makes sense to me personally.