#2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-04-03, 06:00
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Hello Hello Hello!

1. Jello and whipping cream: You should avoid Jello brand because of aspertame, you can get Jolly Rancher sugar free that are made with splenda. I don't like the green ones though. Whipping cream should be limited, do not add sugar. Some people mix their up with Splenda. My opinion is that you should avoid all sweet treets during induction to retrain your taste buds and break all sugar and carb addictions. It's tough at first but it is worth it. Shakes aren't bad if they are low carb ones, but just as a snack or an accompaniment to breakfast once in a while, don't use them as a meal replacement.

Save the low carb recipes for after induction. Some people, like me have a problem with even low carb treats in that they can't have just one. Wait until you have broken your carb addiction and then try a small one like the famous mock danish recipe in our recipes section. If it makes you want more and more, then you know it will be a problem for you.

2. Pork rinds that don't have added sugars are allowed. Watch out for the salt content, too much salt makes some people retain water.

If you are still hungry, try eating several small meals a day, and adding extra fats like butter to your green veggies, and olive oil to your salad. You are getting 20 grams of carbs from good green veggies aren't you?

3. Cream has what??? 12 carbs a cup? You can check at fitday. Cream is still limited to 3 oz. I think check book or atkinscenter for details.

If something tastes too good to you, and you can't limit it, you may have an addiction to it, which can only be cured by avoiding those foods.

4. Aspertame is to be avoided as well as partially hydrogenated trans-fatty acids because of known and suspected health risks associated with the use of them. Aspertame has been word of mouth claimed to slow or stall weight loss. Trans fatty acids are found in margarines and many processed foods like bars. Avoid at all costs.

I wish you the best of luck!

Beth