Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 18:26

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 171/135/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 116%
Default Oprah's Contract

Quote:
Originally posted by ERSmith45
Actually, it was somewhat of a stunt.. I stopped shoveling sugar in my mouth!

Atrsy, I'm not obsessing about my weight. I'm obsessing about sticking to my convictions. The weight will follow if I can stick to the promises I made to myself. The weight loss or gain is a gauge of how well we stick to our plans. Right? What else can we use to motivate ourselves and each other possitivly?

Well said Ela! definitive part of your quote is:"The weight will follow if I can stick to the promises I made to myself. " and thus onto the most profound info I have ever gleened from the Oprah show and that is this:.....when she signed a contract to herself promising to stick with the program here is a small portion of what she agreed to...(will post a link to the actual full length contract)..."Furthurmore, throughout all my years I recognize that I have rarely, if ever been ABLE to attain this level of focus for a continuous period of six or more weeks when physically training for a goal. I also realize that this contract is solely with myself and carries no rewards, penalties or punishments other than those associated WITH THE REFLECTION OF THE STRENGTH OF MY CHARACTER"l

We have always been told we are our own worst enemies ..B