View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 13:55
Registered Member

Plan: general
Stats: 173/160/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 30%
Exclamation Yikes, Information Overload!

A few months back I was diagnosed with severe osteoarthritis in my right hip and was told that I would need hip replacement surgery in 10 years and I'm only 36. After cortisone shots, the Drs (2 of them orthopedic surgeons) ordered me to lose weight, swim and take Vioxx. Well I came back to LCing to lose weight and get rid of my constant carbo cravings. I saw this thread dealing with Fibromyalgia and decided to check it out because I have recently been diagnosed with it too among many other things.

I have been in a lot of pain for several years and have been to see many doctors. So far I have been diagnosed with bursitis in both hips, osteoarthritis in the right hip, fibromyaliga in the groin area, mood disorders and anxiety. Both my feet and ankles are so sore when I wake in the morning to the point where I cannot walk down the stairs. I have tender points up and down my legs, back of my neck and other points I recently discovered while doing acupuncture treatments for the pain. I have had debilitating mysterious stomach pains and had to go to the emergency room a few years back.

The most frustrating part is never getting an answer from the Drs. as to why I had such painful stomach irritation, why I had bursitis that never cleared up with treatment, why the pain in my feet and ankles was getting worse, or why I have severe osteoarthritis in one hip when there is no family history, no excessive running type sports or injury to the hip.

After reading the information here it sounds like I could have a candidis infection. I have always wondered if the stomach pains, bursitis and osteo could be a viral or bacterial infection, but the Drs have told me that is not likely.

Where do I go now? There is so much information here I’m totally confused (as well as excited about possible treatments and angry at the doctors). What type of doctor should I go to that won’t scoff at me and help me develop a treatment plan?

I’m so glad I found this site. It is so much more than just weight loss. I want to be able to play on the floor with my kids again and wake up in the morning with no pain.

Thanks for listening
Carolyn
Sponsored Links