#3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 13:53

Plan: EFGT/Nourishing Trads
Stats: -/-/- Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 57%

Hi Lisa

Thanks for your suggestions. Well here's a typical current day's menu

Breakfast - 2 slices of bacon fried in butter, 1 egg scrambled with 1 tbsp heavy cream, fried in butter. A slice of melon or small apple or other piece of non-citrus fruit.

Lunch - Fried cheese, chicken, tuna, salmon with mixed salad leaves with caesar/italian/other low carb/high fat dressing.

Dinner - Fish, meat, poultry fried or baked with butter or cream or sauce made with cream. Two portions low carb vegs (I eat lots of broccoli - usually twice a week!), eg, cauliflower, broccoli, green beans, cabbage, sometimes a spoonful of carrots or peas.

Snacking - not much, but when I do - a couple of slices of Brie cheese or a handful of salted nuts.

I drink tea - about 4 cups a day, and coffee about 1 cup a day. I don't smoke or drink much alcohol or drink fizzy drinks. I also drink plenty of plain water!

Did that cover it?! I am interested in the idea that wheat may contribute to stomach ulcers, as I had noticed before this all blew up that I would get slight stomach cramping when eating a small piece of bread, or other item made with flour (my plan allows this occasionally), and the day that this all started, I had eaten a cheese scone in a tearoom to be sociable.

My doc did check about gallblader but was obviously not concerned about this after the examination. I feel sure it is not gallstones because I have been eating high fat for so long now if it was going to happen it would have happened ages ago! The pain happens on an empty stomach and never after eating (as with gallstones). Also I had a suspected stomach ulcer as a teenager which was eventually diagnosed as "gastritis", so I feel sure I am prone to this kind of thing. I was just surprised after so long eating a healthy low carb diet that this should happen. I would expect protection from stomach problems on a low carb WoE. My doc didn't mention pancreas. I think we are trying the most obvious thing first.

Katy