View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 13:02

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hi Katy!

Without knowing more about what you've been eating on a regular basis, it's hard to offer suggestions or possible solutions to your problem. It might help if you posted some samples of daily menus. Low carbing often does help people with chronic indigestion/intestinal disorders which are often due to a sensitivity to wheat and other grains. My DH had constant problems with acid reflux and indigestion until he started low carbing. After that, he didn't have an attack for 10 months until Thanksgiving when he threw low carb out the window and his symptoms reappeared almost instantly. The help with h. pylori, as I understand it, comes from eating a lot of broccoli (a favorite low carb veggie) which has been shown to be more effective against h. pylori than most antibiotics out there.
Has your doctor ruled out all other possible causes for your stomach pain such as gallbladder or pancreas problems or is she just starting with the most likely cause?
After 20 months on low carb, I would expect your blood counts to be good, so hopefully you won't have any surprises there. HTH