#5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 08:08

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 260/185/185
BF:34%/20%/19%
Progress: 100%
Talking

Ipioch,
I have had great success with the Protein Power plan for a little over four years. There were times I could gobble down a 20 oz. Porterhouse and look for seconds. One of the most difficult concepts to adhere to is the role that good quality fats play in our body’s metabolism. Fats satisfy our hunger. May I suggest increasing your intake of fats during the day hours? I have found that this relives the desire to eat more protein especially at the evening meal. I try to maintain a consumption ratio of 75/20/5 (fats/protein/carbs). On a 2,000 calorie intake that equates to 167 grams of fat, 100 grams of protein and 25 grams of carbohydrate. I have found through experience when I drop below 60% fats (135 grams) for any length of time I increase not only the protein intake but also my overall calorie intake.
I must mention the need to embrace only good quality fats. Avocados, macadamia nuts, cod liver oil, olives and olive oil are sources for some of the most beneficial fats I use during the day to maintain this ratio.

Take care.