#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 02:51
13.5 pounds to go!

Plan: GF, Mod. Carb
Stats: 375.5/163/160 Female 66"
BF:60/28/24
Progress: 99%
Default Day 2 - trials and tribulations

Well, I successfully started on Atkins on January 1st! YEAH! I managed to eat a reasonable amount of food, and clocked in at about 15 carbs for the day.
I woke up this morning (day 2) with a WICKED headache, and nasty nausea!

I had to stay in bed until noon! I suppose it's actually a good thing that my husband was laid off, because he was able to watch the boys!

I also did well today, but because of nausea and sleeping off that "hangover", I only managed to eat about 10 carbs today. (5 carbs per meal, breakfast skipped). At around 4:00 this afternoon I got that familiar taste in my mouth.... and when I went to the bathroom it was confirmed, ketosis achieved! I was suprised that I was in ketosis on day 2.... not complaining!!

The only bummer I'm seeing right now is that I bought myself a great new scale, does the body fat thing, goes up to 330 pounds, etc. Well, I had figured that I had gone over the 330 mark, which is why I had re-set my start/current weights at 340 (my highest) since my clothes are fitting the way they did at my highest - tight and uncomfortable, and I was right.... when I step on the scale, I get "ERR" instead of a reading. It was dissapointing for me, and hopeful that I am not any higher than 340.

SO.....

My first mini-goal is going to be stepping on that scale, and actually seeing numbers instead of "ERR". That day will make me VERY HAPPY. Until then, I will keep on plugging along! I haven't had any major cravings, but then again, I also started back on Glucophage XR 1500mg/day (I have PCOS) and it is known to supress appetite, so I figured it would be good to do both at the same time

Now... if only I could cure my insomnia! (had it since hubby got laid off...crossing finger that he gets a new job...SOON!!)

Karen
Sponsored Links