View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 20:45

Plan: own version of LC
Stats: 180/163/145 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 49%

Hi Lynda,

I'm a night owl myself. I would stay up till 2 or 3 everynight if my hubby didn't keep bugging me to come to bed.

I loved to snack at night and when I would go to bed around 12 or 1 I would wake up several times during the night hungry. I also am half asleep and would open the fridge and eat a few squares of cookie dough or whatever was in the cupboard that I could just pop in my mouth without cooking. Made my tummy feel better.

After about 2 weeks on Atkins, I rarely ate anything if I woke up. Now if I wake up, I normally go out to the garage and have a cig (not recommended) and a drink of my diet pepsi and crawl back in bed. Sometimes I don't get up at all and sometimes I get up twice a night. Last night I did have a couple of bites of sf jello because it was too early to get up for breakfast. Also water helps me too. If I wait a few minutes and think about what I am doing, I usually can hold off eating till morning. If you take medication, this can be a side effect also. I know it is for me.

I am also trying not to eat past 10pm hoping this will help with my weight loss. I did catch the last half of Oprah today and her trainer said not to eat the last 3 hours before you go to bed. Made sense to me so I thought I would give that a try too.

If you do need to eat, I would eat veggies and low cal foods rather that high fat late at night.

That's just my opinion.