#13   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 15:00
Registered Member

Plan: alittle of this, and alittle of that
Stats: 162/152/125
BF:dont know
Progress: 27%

hi ladies,
wow, there has to be a connection! i havent got to go to endocrinologist yet, to get their view on this, but i bet one of the seminars, would be very helpful. it looks like they cover the whole body. mommy2boys, if there are any in Pa, maybe we could go.
on the PCOS site, sometimes, the girls meet up at them. anyways, my doc told me today that he could refer me to a local endocrinologist, which i didnt know one was even close to my home, so that was promising. i would like to get their take on this.compared to the OBGYN ideas.
i am currently on effexor 75. it does seem to be working 100 percent better than the other drugs. i may have to up it, but doc told me 150 was the normal dose. so, i have some play with it. i think if i start eating better and excercising, i can keep it at 75. it works on 2 chemicals in the brain, instead of just one. i think i was burning out on the "one chemical " drugs. doc did tell me though that sometimes, if you give a drug a break, you can go back later, and try it, and it will work. i still feel if they could balance my hormones, i wouldnt need any of this crap!!.
luisa, you need to find a doc that is qaulified to help you with your moodiness. you dont have to feel bad all the time. its hard for husbands to understand this disease. but if you get help for yourself, then you will be able to handle stress, and your life better. i dont how understanding your husband is, but maybe if he could read, how some of us feel, he could understand , alittle better.
i have been told that i have symptoms of adult ADD too. my older brother is on meds. for this. i have trouble finishing things, hyper, type A, etc... some of the meds. help with a variety of problems.
i think he would do better on something like i am on, compared to the adderal, they have him on!!
maybe someday, our daughters, and nieces, wont have to go thru all this stuff!!! hopefully, they will find some answers.
take care!!
paige