#6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 12:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

CJ...

It's the cycle of feeling bad, then doing things that MAKE us feel bad, then feeling bad about it, etc.

We've all been there...and if you run through my journal, you can see my history of this, including recent events. Ugh!!!

First...don't look 5 years down the road at what you will be missing if you commit to doing LC. At that time, you'll be at your goal, you'll know how to maintain it, and you may indulge in whatever you like. This WOE is not prison. YOU make the decisions...but (except for your wedding cake ) when you get to that point, you may not even want the food you're dreaming about now!

Does that sound like a totally foreign concept? I lived it this Christmas with thousands of my favorite Italian cookies all over everybody's house...I bakes them all...never even licked my fingers. I made a LC cheesecake for myself and had a piece of that when I needed something for a "treat". Believe me, when I was sneaking out for a piece of Baker's Square carrot cake and eating it in the bedroom by myself, NO ONE could have told me this.

And yet, things DO change. I'm telling you this personally because I can so relate to how you are feeling. You are NOT going on one more diet...you are going to control the things you put in your body from now on. sometimes you'll do the wrong thing...that's what next days are for! Mostly, you'll begin to make the right choices, and when your body starts to change, and your outlook starts to change, your desires for the nasty stuff will change too. Also, I have desserts at a party...you know why? Because I make something and bring it!! This WOE is all about ADJUSTMENT, not deprivation.

Stay in touch with me, girlfriend...I hear you loud and clear!!

You'll be fine...stay the course!